Friday 11 January 2013

Initial Digipak Design

The images below show my first idea for my digipak. The four panels show the main character from my music video walking through four locations that he walks through in the music video. These are:
  • Bus stop
  • Estate garages
  • By train tracks in the city
  • The girl's house
These four locations show the progression of the story - in this initial design, I have shown the character as being further along the page in each panel, depicting the progression that is a central theme to the song Tonight I Let You Go and my music video. The final panel of this digipak design show the boy at the girl's door - the same place at which my music video ends. This shows the ending of the journey to go with the journey itself. If this idea was used, the final digipak could open up to show the four panels connecting to make one large image of the boy walking through all of the different environments to get to the girl's door.

The words Tonight, I Let, You, and Go are shown on the first, second, third and fourth panels respectively, making up the name Tonight I Let You Go. This emphasises the aforementioned progression.

This design has potential - my tutor, Ms. Barton, also suggested using a six-panel digipak in a case that folds out. This would be a more intuitive way of showing the journey of the character, music video and digipak. I could even put details from each stage of the track and/or music video's birth and production along the journey, showing the progression of both the theoretical narrative and the real life creation of the track/music video.


1 comment:

  1. Well done for posting your initial designs which look promising. I'm trying to remember whether your performer gets to the girl's door, I think Joe lost that shot in his final cut, but I can't recall the end of your video.

    The concept of a journey is splendid and would give structure to your digipak. Keep up the good work Will, I like your composition.

    ReplyDelete